Regarding Admittance 

Q: Who does the residential treatment program accept?

A: The House of Hope accepts adult men and women who have been diagnosed with chemical dependency and / or chemical dependency and mental health issues. All perspective clients need to obtain a referral from a treatment center or other referral sources. All participants need to meet the Rule 25 Assessment placement, financial and funding requirements prior to admission. Referents must provide documentation that a client has received a mantoux test prior to admission along with documentation of any prescribed medications.

Q: How is my stay funded for the House of Hope residential program and what does it cost?

A: Funding streams include the Minnesota Department of Human Services Consolidated Treatment Fund (Rule 25), state of Minnesota insurance plans (Blue Cross, Medica, etc) or self –pay. Each treatment participant needs to obtain a referral from a treatment center or other referral sources. Current rates for our treatment services can be obtained by contacting the administration office at (507) 385-7600.

Q: Is the House accessible for special needs clients, such as those that are wheelchair bound?

A: Yes. There is one room reserved on the main level at the Mankato site for a client who has a physical disability. The Fairmont site is one level and is accessible to all clients.


What to bring?

Q: May I bring my car?

A: Yes, under certain circumstances. We require that you have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, title and/or written permission signed by the legal owner of the vehicle, and a $5.00 deposit for parking. Ultimately your individual counselor will make the decision on whether or not you may drive.

Q: May I bring my TV? VCR? DVD Player? Console gaming system? Other Streaming Devices

A: Clients are not allowed to bring TVs for their own personal use. The residential treatment programs provides VCR & DVD players for the two televisions that are at each facility. Game systems and Streaming devices of any kind are not allowed at House of Hope, Inc.

Q: What is provided with my room?

A: Provided is a bed, 5-7 dresser drawers, nightstand, wardrobe for hanging clothes, all necessary bedding, and towels.

Q: What should I bring with me?

A: Clothes, personal care supplies such as a razor, soap, and shampoo. for more information click here

Q: What do current clients wish they had brought with them, but didn’t?

A: A pillow, an alarm clock, and a phone card. Clients seem to sleep better with their pillows from home and often go back to get them. Alarm clocks are necessary if you are unable to wake up on time.

Q: What is considered contraband?

A: For a full list of contraband items please click here


Living in the House of Hope Residential Program

Q: What is there to do with my free time?

A: When clients are not busy with meetings, group sessions, work, or house duties, they are encouraged to explore activities which they had never done sober before such as hobbies, recreation and volunteer work. A client, with permission, may play pool at a local bowling alley, go fishing in the summer, take bike rides, and play games. HOH Mankato has a half basketball court on site. Our Fairmont facility has a gymnasium and a wellness / work out Center.

Q: What is the food like?

A: We have professional cooks that prepare lunch and dinner meals Monday through Thursday at both our Mankato and Fairmont locations. All are pre-planned and nutritious. Clients are able to utilize a secondary kitchen at both locations to prepare meals during the weekends.  

Q: What is the staff like?

A: Our staff consists of Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Recovery Advocates, Peer Support Specialist and Support Personnel. All of them are talented and dedicated professionals who possess a wealth of knowledge, understanding and expertise.  

Q: What happens after I graduate?

A: After completion of treatment many of the clients maintain contact with us by participating in our Alumni Group. Clients are outreached 60 days after completion of treatment to follow-up with their progress.


Rules and Expectations

Q: How can my family or friends contact me?

A:  House of Hope, Inc. provides telephones for clients to make local phone calls, if a client wants to make a long distance phone call they will have to buy a phone card or use thier personal cell phone. There are 3 phones at the Mankato Men’s Program. The numbers are (507) 625-9171, 507-625-9183, and (507) 625-7743.  There are 3 phones at the Fairmont Co-Ed Program. The numbers are (507) 235-9765, (507) 235-9763 and (507) 235-9758. There is one phone at the Mankato Women’s Program. The phone number is (507)388-7351.

Q: When can I use my Cell Phone?

A:  Personal cellphones are allowed when clients are not in group and at specific times. Clients will be notified of times at intake.

Q: Is there a curfew?

A: Yes, curfew is 11:00 p.m. every day of the week.

Q: May I get a job? or can I volunteer at other organizations?

A: Yes in both cases. Clients must be in treatment for one week and pass the rulebook test before being allowed to search for employment or volunteer opportunities in 20 hours of weekly job search and volunteer work. If a client obtains employment they are still responsible for participating in treatment programming, at least 15 hours per week. 

Q: May I have visitors? When?

A: Visitors are welcome in our facility during our posted visiting hours. Currently visiting hours are:

 *Due to COVID-19 our visitor policy and hours have changed please call Mike Schoen at 507-399-0791

Wednesday – 6:00 p.m. –   9:00 p.m.

Friday –         6:00 p.m. –   9:00 p.m.

Saturday –      12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Sunday –        12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Holidays –      12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Q: What is the schedule like?

A: Monday- Friday during business hours. House of Hope, Inc. provides 22 hours of programming, clients are required to attend at minimum 15 hours of programming per week.

Q: How often are AA and NA meetings held in the community? How many recovery meetings am I required to attend?

A: There are numerous AA and NA meetings held around this community. Go to Links and Resources for further information. A schedule of local area AA and NA meetings can be found there. We require that you attend three (3) support group meetings per week.

Q: When can I get a pass and what are the requirements? How long can I be gone on pass?

A:*Due to COVID-19 our Pass Policy has changed please reach out to Mike Schoen at 507-399-0791 for more information.

A client is eligible for passes every weekend once he /she have been placed on a “Green Tier” by their counselor. Obtaining a pass is contingent upon the progress that a client is making in treatment, whether the pass is justified and has therapeutic values, attitudes and behaviors, and assignment completion. When a pass has been approved, it is expected that the client will attend an additional support group while on pass. Passes generally after 1:00 p.m. on Friday and end no later than 10:00 p.m. on Sunday.